3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 onion, diced
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
1 ½ tsp. ground coriander
1-15 oz. can diced tomatoes
1-15oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup uncooked bulgur wheat
2 sweet potatoes (medium sized), peeled and cubed
½ cup raisins
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, rough chop
1. Place ¼ cup broth in a large pot with onion and garlic.
2. Cook and stir occasionally for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the cumin, coriander, and cayenne. Mix well.
4. Add the remaining broth, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, bulgur, sweet potatoes.
5. Reduce heat and cover.
6. Simmer for about 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
7. Add raisins and cilantro, stir to incorporate.
8. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
9. Serve warm.