2-15.5 oz cans of cannellini beans, drained
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 large yellow or white onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
28-ounce can whole, peeled tomatoes, chopped (with liquid)
2 medium carrots, chopped
3 red or yellow potatoes, cut into ½-inch pieces
2 cups pearled farro
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tsp salt-free seasoning (like Mrs. Dash or Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute)
5 oz chopped kale or collards
4 oz shredded parmesan cheese (2 Tbsp cheese per serving)
1. Place 1 Tbsp olive oil in large nonstick skillet and add onions and celery. Sauté over medium-high heat for about 7-10 minutes or until the onions become slightly browned.
2. Transfer the onions and carrots to large stockpot and add tomatoes. Heat on high for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the carrots, potatoes, farro, 9 cups of water, salt and salt-free seasonings. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Turn heat down and simmer for about 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the farro is fully cooked and vegetables are tender.
4. Add more water (1/2 cup at a time) if the soup is too thick. Add more seasoning if desired.
5. Stir in beans and bring back up to a simmer. Add kale and cook for a few more minutes.
6. Serve with 2 Tbsp of shredded Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition: About 1.5 cups of soup with 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese / Calories 290 / Total Fat 5.0 g / Saturated Fat 1.9 g / Cholesterol 7 mg / Sodium 406 mg / Carbohydrates 50.9 g / Fiber 8.5 g / Sugar 4.2 g / Added Sugar 0 g / Protein 12.7 g
Recipe adapted from: https://www.101cookbooks.com/farro-and-bean-soup/#recipe