Sweet Fall Yams
1lb. mixed sweet potatoes and yams, peeled, cut into 1-inch
2 medium pears, ripe, cored and cut into ¾ inch pieces
2 tsp. lemon juice
4 tsp. cornstarch
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp allspice
¼ cup apple juice or cider
¼ cup golden raisins or dates
1/3 cup fat free milk or milk alternative
- Place the yams and potatoes in a large saucepan.
- Cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer.
- Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until tender,
- In another saucepan, combine cornstarch, salt,
- Stir in apple juice/cider, raisins, and lemon
- Cook and stir over medium heat, until thickened
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Gently stir in pears, yam, potatoes, heat
- Serve immediately.