6 cups veggie broth
1 ½ cups spilt mung beans
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 cups yams, peeled and chopped
1 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
2 TBSP. dried parsley
1 tsp. dried dill weed
2 cups broccoli florets
1 TBSP. soy sauce
Fresh ground black pepper
Dash of hot sauce if desired
1. Place 4 cups of veggie broth in a large saucepan.
2. Add mung beans and chopped tomatoes.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Meanwhile, place the remaining 2 cups of broth into a different saucepan.
5. Add the onion, yams, garlic, parsley, and dill.
6. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
7. Add the cooked mung bean mixture to the vegetables and mix well.
8. Season to taste with soy sauce, black pepper, and hot sauce.