1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
2 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
5 large red bell peppers (or yellow or orange), cut in half and remove seeds and membranes
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
20 ounces fresh spinach leaves
4 cloves minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 can artichoke hearts (14 ounces), drained and chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 cup shredded part skim Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
1. Add quinoa to vegetable broth in small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover pot and simmer for about 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, fluff with fork and cover for another 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray baking dish with non-stick spray and arrange peeper halves cut side up in baking dish.
3. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet and add spinach a few handfuls at a time, stirring as it becomes wilted, until you have added all the spinach.
4. Add garlic, basil, salt, and pepper to the skillet and let it cook for 30 seconds. Add artichoke hearts and cook until warm. Remove from heat. Stir in quinoa, parsley and 2/3 cup cheese. Then stir in Greek yogurt.
5. Fill the red pepper halves with the quinoa filling. Spray a piece of foil large enough to cover the baking dish with non-stick spray and cover baking dish (spray side down).
6. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup cheese over the filled red peppers. Bake uncovered for another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Nutrition: 2 stuffed pepper halves / Calories 336 / Total Fat 8.8 g / Saturated Fat 3.0 g / Cholesterol 16 mg / Sodium 570 mg / Carbohydrates 47.7 g / Fiber 14.3 g / Sugar 10.0 g / Added Sugar 0 g / Protein 20.0 g
Adapted from: https://www.wellplated.com/spinach-artichoke-quinoa-stuffed-bell-peppers/#wprm-recipe-container-33789