½-1 cup veggie broth
1 onion, diced
½ tsp. fresh garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and minced
2 ½ cups fresh tomatoes, diced
4 cups packed, chopped spinach
3 cups potatoes, cooked and cubed
1-15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cilantro bunch, for garnish
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1. Place ½ of the vegetable broth in a large non-stick frying pan.
2. Add the onion, jalapeno, and garlic.
3. Cook over a medium heat, stirring frequently, until vegetables are very soft, adding the rest of the veggie broth if necessary.
4. Add the tomatoes, cilantro, and black pepper.
5. Cook uncovered over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for an additional 15 minutes.
6. Season to taste with hot sauce.