3/4 cup wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
3 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups dried apricots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (or other dried fruit like cherries, raisins, apples etc.)
1. In a bowl, stir together the 2 types of flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Stir in the oats and set aside.
2. In a mixer bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar until well combined. Add the applesauce, eggs, and vanilla and continue beating until combined.
3. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Stir the apricots into the batter. Chill the dough for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and scoop tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets. Flatten cookie dough slightly with palm of hand.
5. Bake cookies for 13-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring cookies to wire rack to fully cool.
Nutrition: 1 cookie / Calories 99 / Total Fat 2.6 g / Saturated Fat 1.3 g / Cholesterol 14 mg / Sodium 53 mg / Carbohydrates 17.8 g / Fiber 1.6 g / Sugar 8.9 g / Added Sugar 4.4 g / Protein 2.1 g
Adapted from: https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/oatmeal-cookies-dried-apricots