15 oz can of Low Sodium black beans, well rinsed and drained
2 large eggs
3 Tbsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1.5 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9 x 9 inch pan with parchment paper leaving some paper hanging over two opposite edges so can easily take the brownies out of the pan after baking.
2. Mash black beans with a fork in a bowl. Add the eggs, oil, and vanilla to the beans and mix together.
3. Put the bean, egg, oil, and vanilla mixture into a blender or food processor and blend until most of the skin from the black beans has been broken down.
4. Return the mixture to the bowl and add the rest of the ingredients: cocoa powder, salt, sugar, and baking powder. Hand mix until smooth. If the batter is too thick, mix in 1-2 Tbsp of water. The batter should be slightly less thick than chocolate frosting.
5. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 20-26 minutes or until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides.
6. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes before removing the brownies from the pan.
Store in an airtight container for a few days at room temperature or refrigerate to keep them fresh for a longer period of time.
Nutrition: 1/12 of pan / Calories 121 / Total Fat 5.1 g / Saturated Fat 1.0 g / Cholesterol 31 mg / Sodium 123 mg / Carbohydrates 17.7 g / Fiber 3.8 g / Sugar 8.5 g / Added Sugar 8.3 g / Protein 4.2 g
Recipe modified from: Clark County Food Bank