Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
3 large fresh portobello mushrooms, stems removed, set aside
2 celery stalks, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chicken broth
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium orange or red bell pepper
1.5 oz. fat-free feta crumbles
¼ cup fresh shaved parmesan cheese
1 ½ tsp. garlic hickory or some type of BBQ spice blend, to
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take the removed mushroom stems, cut off the hard ends.
- Cut the softest part of the mushroom stems into small pieces
- Sauté the chopped vegetables and the mushroom stalk pieces in the broth.
- Take a 14-inch rectangular pan, with sides, and pour the cooled broth into the pan.
- Wipe the tops of the mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
- Place the mushrooms top-side-down in the pan.
- Place 1/3 of all the cooked veggies into each mushroom.
- Add spice to taste.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of each cheese on top.
- Bake for 30-minutes