1 cup yellow or white onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 jalapeno, minced (less or more to taste)
6 sundried tomatoes- cut into pieces, drain oil
1 TBSP ground cumin
2 TBSP chili powder
2 tsp. oregano
1/3 cup water
½ tsp. chipotle or ancho chili powder
Pinch of cayenne
1-15oz. can white beans
¼ cup broth
½ cup tomatoes, chopped
1 ear of corn, remove kernels from cob
1 tsp. salt
Fresh cilantro or parsley for serving
1. Heat a large soup pot on medium. Place onion and broth into the pot.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
3. Add garlic, red pepper, jalapeno pepper, dried tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, oregano, and chipotle/ancho seasoning.
4. Sauté for 1 more minute.
5. Add the white beans and water, stir well.
6. Bring the mixture to a slow boil, reduce to a simmer. Cover and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add tomatoes and salt.
8. Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Taste and adjust seasonings. If you want the chili to be thicker, mash some of the beans.
10. Garnish with cilantro or parsley.
11. Serve with brown rice, or sourdough toast.