1/2 cup PBFit Peanut Butter Powder (packed) or another brand of PB Powder
2 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
3 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp water, more if needed
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp ginger, minced
1/2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp sriracha
32 ounces chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp oil
1 onion, sliced
4 carrots, thinly sliced,
4 cups broccoli florets
2 red peppers, cut into bite sized pieces
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
2 cups snow peas
Note: You can use any vegetables want for this recipe. You can also substitute tofu or shrimp for the chicken.
1. Combine the first 8 ingredients for the peanut sauce. Mix well and add additional water if needed for a smooth sauce that can be drizzled. Set aside.
2. Heat sesame oil in a large nonstick fry pan on medium heat. Add chicken and cook and stir until almost fully cooked. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in the same large nonstick fry pan on medium heat and add onions and carrots. Cook and stir for a few minutes. Add rest of vegetables and cook and stir until veggies are mostly cooked but still crunchy.
4. Place chicken back in fry pan and mix chicken and vegetables. Cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked and mixture is heated well.
5. Drizzle peanut sauce over chicken and veggies and mix to coat. Serve over brown rice.
Nutrition: 1/8 of chicken and vegetables (with 1 cup brown rice) / Calories 527 / Total Fat 10.0 g / Saturated Fat 1.7 g / Cholesterol 87mg / Sodium 309 mg / Carbohydrates 63.2 g / Fiber 9.1 g / Sugar 8.9 g / Added Sugar 2.1 g / Protein 45.3 g
Adapted from: https://www.sandraseasycooking.com/2020/07/tofu-and-veggie-stir-fry-with-peanut-butter-sauce.html