6 tablespoons brown sugar (lightly packed)
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter (softened)
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1 cup sour nonfat milk* (room temperature)**
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 large eggs (room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla
*Either use milk that is just starting to taste acidic and have a slightly off flavor or add 1 Tbsp of either white vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of nonfat milk. Let sit for 10 minutes before using.
**For room temperature remove from fridge about 45 minutes before using.
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
2. Mix together the ingredients for the swirl mixture (cinnamon, brown sugar and butter) in a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the sour milk, applesauce, egga and vanilla for about 1 minute or until well combined.
4. Combine the rest of the ingredients in another bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Do not overmix the batter or the bread will be tough and heavy.
5. Spoon half of the batter into the pan. Top with half of the cinnamon swirl mixture and swirl the cinnamon mixture into the batter using the tip of a knife.
6. Top with the remaining batter and the rest of the cinnamon swirl mixture. Once again swirl with tip of knife.
7. Bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for about 15-20 minutes and then remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Nutrition: 1 slice of bread / Calories 175 / Total Fat 3.1 g / Saturated Fat 1.6 g / Cholesterol 36 mg / Sodium 193 mg / Carbohydrates 33.6 g / Fiber 2.0 g / Sugar 17.1 g / Added Sugar 15.3 g / Protein 4.3 g
Adapted from: https://anitalianinmykitchen.com/easy-swirled-cinnamon-bread/#recipe