2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons honey
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
pinch of pepper
1.5 cups cherry tomatoes
3 large tomatoes, sliced
8 oz sliced mozzarella cheese
Chopped basil for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add the chicken to a 9 x 13 inch pan.
2. In a small bowl whisk the balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
3. Pour the sauce over the chicken and place the cherry tomatoes around the chicken. Place the sliced tomatoes on top of the chicken breasts.
4. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees. Add the sliced mozzarella cheese to the chicken breasts for the last 5 minutes so it will melt.
5. Garnish with chopped basil.
Nutrition: 1/8 of recipe / Calories 321 / Total Fat 10.4 g / Saturated Fat 4.5 g / Cholesterol 147 mg / Sodium 139 mg / Carbohydrates 11.9 g / Fiber 1.2 g / Sugar 9.6 g / Added Sugar 4.3 g / Protein 45.1 g
Recipe Adapted from: https://therecipecritic.com/baked-caprese-chicken/