1.5 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 green bell peppers, cut into 1/2 inch slices
2 red bell peppers, cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 large onion, cut in half and then sliced thinly
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
3 cups low sodium beef broth
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles
3 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp non salt seasoning (Like Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute or Mrs. Dash)
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Instant Pot Directions:
1. Add oil to Instant Pot and press Sauté. Add beef stew meat and quickly brown the meat. Remove beef. Add onions, green bell peppers and red peppers and cook and stir for about 10 minutes. Add beef back to Instant Pot.
2. Add rest of ingredients to Instant Pot and mix well.
3. Secure lid and move pressure release valve to Sealing position. Press Pressure Cook or Manual and cook at high pressure for 25 minutes.
4. When cooking is complete, use natural release for 10 minutes and then release remaining pressure.
Crock Pot Directions:
1. Add oil to large nonstick skillet and add beef stew meat. Brown the meat and remove beef. from pan and place in Crock Pot.
2. Add onions, green bell peppers and red peppers to nonstick skillet and cook and stir for about 10 minutes. Place vegetables into Crock Pot.
3. Add rest of ingredients to Crock Pot and mix well.
4. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
**Can serve soup with cilantro, nonfat sour cream, and/or tortilla strips if desired.
Nutrition: 1/10 of recipe (no toppings) / Calories 205 / Total Fat 5.0 g / Saturated Fat 1.5 g / Cholesterol 45 mg / Sodium 487 mg / Carbohydrates 19.7 g / Fiber 4.3 g / Sugar 2.7 g / Added Sugar 0 g / Protein 21.5 g
Adapted from: Simple Instant Pot Recipes (2021), Publications International, Ltd.